After spending the majority of the long weekend at the beach catching some rays I thought I’d write a post about my favorite beach fashion trends (and my not so favorite ones…)
First of all, the most important thing, beyond what your wearing, is to show some good beach etiquette. Being kind and courteous is a fabulous accessory that’s always in season! I can’t tell you how many times last weekend I almost got smacked in the face by a Frisbee. The beach is definitely a great plae to catch up on your Frisbee game…just make sure to do it in an open space! That way, if someone misses a toss, you won’t risk giving an innocent beach goer a black eye! After almost getting hit twice, I was actually a bit nervous to just relax and close my eyes, incase a Frisbee came my way again!
Now onto the best part, the fashion!
First my fashion Don’ts:
- Do not pick a bathing suit that is the same colour (or close to) your skin tone. You will look naked from 30 feet away! Plus, it’s just not very fun!
- Be careful when picking out a monokini. They’re totally cute as long as you’re wearing super high spf sunscreen or staying in the shade. Weird cutout tan lines will not look so stylish when, 2 days later you bring back your two piece.
My Fashion Dos:
- Do rock a fashionable hate – it’s practical, sun safe, and totally chic!
- Do try bandeaus – no icky tanlines!
- Do rock your body! Confidence is the best accessory! Strut your stuff like you’re on a runway in Paris!
- Don’t be afraid of colour – it’s summer people!
Here are some of my favorite Beach Fashion looks that I’ve put together: