Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Taking your Fav Summer Looks From Day to Night!

I love the summer because there's always a fabulous mix of casual days at the beach and shopping strolls with friends, as well as glamorous galas, premieres, and weddings. So a gal has to be prepared for both! But all those fabulous events, as chic and fun as they are, can really add up! A girl only has so many glitzy dresses in her closet. And there's something about the summer sun that just makes you want to shop shop shop till you drop! I always find the hardest thing about budgeting during the summer is that I have to account for both casual and fancier summer clothes. So my favourite thing, to get the most bang for my buck is to find pieces that can be used during the day and the night. That way, that fab new top can get more use out of it then just for a fancy dinner or two.

My first look uses a cute and super trendy shift dress. It's a great statement piece that really stands out! But my favorite thing about it, is that you can actually dress it down quite easily. It's long enough to even wear to the office, and the light weight fabric makes it comfy for all day wear. For the day look, I paired the dress with simple accessories that add a pop of colour and sparkle. Then I added a jean jacket (for those chilly air conditioned malls). Finnish off the look with a pair of adorable sandals and you're looking like you walked out of a magazine!

To transition the look into night time just throw on some sky high heels. I picked heels in a deep plum to add a little extra personality. I also choose statement accessories so you'll have all eyes on you at that gala you have coming up. Maybe you'll even meet a cute celeb!

My next look uses a simple, but bold green tank. I pair the tank with some of this season's trendy high waisted tie shorts. Then, I add another trendy piece, Sseko sandals, which are super comfy so you can walk all day and save your feet for those crazy high heels at night! I also chose accessories that can transition easily into night so you won't have to change them!
To bring this look up a notch and ready for that hot date I added a black pencil skirt, and fun belt. It will define your waist and show off that cute figure! Add a pair of unique statement heels, a simple clutch, a splash of mascara, and a pop of colour on your lips and voila!  Date ready in an instant!

Do you have pieces in your wardrobe that bring you from day to night? Don't forget to check out my Polyvore and maybe make a few creations of your own! If you do, be sure to share them with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails