Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And the Bachelor Pad drama begins...


The Bachelorette drama ended last week when Ashley Hebert chose the hunky JP as her dream man. The season unfortunately drew a pretty negative response from fans. Visiting the #bachelorette live twitter feeds on Monday nights would show dozens of dozens of tweets from fans complaining of over-scripted action, lame dates (wedding photos anyone?), interesting fashion (yes Ames, we’re talking about your pink pants), and a slightly-more-then-self-conscious bachelorette (could Ashley have cried any more?).

I’ve been relying on the bachelorette/bachelor for a few years now for my weekly dose of ultra-trashy tv, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed by this season. In fact, I even tweeted one day that it’s a sad day when the live twitter feed is more entertaining then the show itself. The boys were cute…sort of, but the romance was just missing. So the whole season, I couldn’t help but anticipate the premiere of Bachelor Pad. Bachelor pad is the bachelorette’s unabashedly trashy drunken cousin. The drama is about 10x more intense, there’s an abundance of physical and sexually suggestive challenges every week between a group of hot young people forced to live in a fancy house together to vie for a lump of cash. It’s pretty much a perfect cocktail for good (or awful, depending on your pov) summer tv!

So what’s new this season? Well, if you don’t know the Jake/Vienna breakup story you should probably count yourself lucky. In fact, I’ve heard it so many times, I’d be pretty jealous of you. All you really need to know is that he was the bachelor, and chose her as his final girl. What followed was a messy series of he-said she-said tabloid articles involving fame-whoring, gold digging, and a clear need for some anger management therapy. So of course, both of them are on this season’s bachelor pad. And it only makes sense to invite Vienna’s boy friend Kasey (yes, “I’ll guard and protect your heart” Kasey) into the mix. I’d say I’m suspicious of Vienna and Jake’s intentions for coming on the show…but whose kidding who, every contestants intentions are pretty shady.

Unfortunately, the 3 hour premiere turned into a series of cuts between Vienna’s hurt face, Jake’s innocent/nice guy face, and poor Kasey just looked a little overwhelmed. It got old pretty quickly and I found myself hoping they’d just vote each other off soon so we could, I don’t know, get to know the other 17 people on the show. I honestly am a bit more interested in some of the other contestants. Michelle Money is definitely a fav. She has a reputation for being a fake, gold digging and abrasive seductress, but I think she may have a lot more going on behind the scenes. She revealed that her father is fighting colon cancer, and she hopes to use some of her $250,000 potential prize money to contribute to colon cancer research. I loved her line that “if you’ve ever hated, dated, or been engaged to someone, they’re probably going to be in the house” Preach it Michelle, you know the truth! (and aren’t afraid to say it)

I’m glad William from Ashley’s season is back to hopefully redeem himself for the whole roast debacle. Poor guy just couldn’t live it down. One of my fav moments was how offended Gia was when William dropped her during the challenge. But he saw the bright side…he was just happy he got to cuddle with one of the franchises most infamous ladies.

And of course, there is always the fashion to keep me entertained. I love Posssessionista for giving me my weekly dose of bachelor fashion. Not only are her live tweets laugh-till-you-can’t-breathe hilarious, but she posts some links to where you can buy some of the fav outfits the contestants are sporting. Check out her piece on the BP premiere here: http://www.possessionista.com/2011/08/bachelor-pad-fashion-episode-1.html

Do you watch Bachelor Pad or the Bachelor/Bachelorette? What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails