Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Celeb Hair and "To dye or not to dye"


Nothing can spruce up an outfit like the perfect hairstyle! Shiny and well styled locks can make even the simplest outfits look super chic! For me this week, it was all about the hair. I did a good deal of shopping last week in the States, and now I needed a new coif to suit my fab digs. The dilemma- to dye or not to dye.

Here’s my story: and it’s a story familiar to most brunettes. I died my light brown hair a darker brown two years ago. But to my surprise, it didn’t turn the deep dark brown I was dreaming of….instead it turned a kind of orange-ish brown brassy colour. Not cute at all. So it’s not surprising that I’ve stayed as far away from hair dye as I could for the last couple of years.

But here’s my other dilemma…again also familiar. I get bored of my hair so easily. It’s long, slightly layered, with no cool bangs or anything. SO what’s a girl to do when they want to change things up, but don’t want to get one of those trendy pixie cuts? Now that the summer is almost over, I thought, “hey, why not! Let’s give the dark hair a try again”. I hadn’t quite given up on boxed hair dye because of its convenience and cost efficiency, and surprisingly, things went a lot better this time! Brunettes, listen up! I tried the Clairol Natural Instincts line called “Brass Free Brunettes” and for once, a marketing ploy actually proved true! It worked! So now I’m sporting dark luscious locks with no major hints of orange in site! Success!

Next up, hair cut time! Here are my fav celeb haircuts right now. I don’t have the beans to try most of them, but the celebs sure make them look great!

Say what you will about Kim Kardashian, but I only know 2 things. 1: she’s a ton of fun to follow on Twitter And 2: the girl has fab hair. I LOVE her colour and the middle parted loose waves. What I’d give to have my hair look like this 24/7. The wonders of having a stylist follow you around. Though someone really should have told her that you're supposed to wear shirts under vests...

Image courtesy of imageshack


Jennifer Anniston has made the Lob famous since February. I’m loving this shape on her! It’s a nice update from the one length bob I rocked in middle school.

Image courtesy of beautyeditor.ca

And then there’s the infamous pixie cut. Natalie Portman rocked one years back after filming V for Vendetta, and I still think she is one of the celebs who has sported it best. These days, Michelle Williams, Ginnifer Goodwin, Carey Mulligan, and Emma Watson have jumped on the short hair bandwagon. When Emma Watson chopped off her signature Hermione hair, I felt like a little piece of my childhood disappeared. But then I got over it pretty quickly when I saw this Vogue spread. First of all…the shoes….LOVE. want.them.now. And the hair, I’m still a bit on the fence. I definitely think it has helped her shed her Hermione young girl image for a new edgier look. I admire anyone who has the confidence to pull of this look! If you have the angles, why not rock em!

Image courtesy of ClaraBelle

Do you dye your hair? What’s your fav brand of dye? What do you think of these celeb hairstyles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails