Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sisters: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly


Whether you have a sister yourself or not, I’m sure at one point or another you’ve heard someone say something really nice about their sister, followed by some sort of complaint, followed by a rant about the things their sister does to annoy them. But in the end, it always comes back to the good. Sisters mean that you have a best friend, a teammate, a confidant, a hairstyler, a manicurist, and a workout buddy always on hand!


The Bad:
-       They take camera phone photos of themselves while you’re driving to jail….oh, okay well I guess that’s just the Kardashians.

  

-       They steal your clothes à Maybe this should be in the ugly category…because regardless of whether you are a teenage or adult and  you’re looking for that super hot new top to wear on your first date with that cute guy that you just met, and you find out your sister stole it the day before. Well, that’s how things go from bad to ugly reeeaaal quick.

The Ugly:
-       Competition à oh,  competition is like a dirty word for siblings. Naturally, someone is always smarter, more athletic, has better hair, has more boyfriends, gets more attention from mom and dad, has a better job, gets married first…oh the list could go on. But in the end, we’re all different and we each have our unique strengths. So we support each other.

The Good:
-       As much as everyone always has their arguments, there’s always more good moments than bad with my sister. I probably have the best sister I could have ever asked for. Sure, we get mad, but we can never stay mad. My sister would do anything for me and I would do anything for her... well almost.... (I don’t want her to get any ideas!) I know that no matter what’s thrown my way, I’ll always have someone on my team.
-       She’ll listen for hours about my crazy weekend antics, boy woes and girl friend troubles. And of course, she’s always 100% honest with me. She’ll let me know if I am really wrong about something or if I am right on and not really crazy
-       She give me useful hints on the latest in skin care, teaches me how to wear make-up, tells me that I am amazing, and offers to help whenever I need it
-       Even when I need her help to dress up in some Orangefish gear, she’s always up for it. She even sweated it out on the hottest weekend of summer at the Orangefish booth in the Beach’s Jazz Fest (and for those of you who came…you know how hot it was!)


Famous Celeb Sisters:
Thanks to good ol’ Hollywood, we get to see the good, the bad, and the ugly of sister relationships play out right before our eyes. And because we’re not involved, we can just sit back, watch it all unfold, and eat popcorn!

Khloe, Kim, and Kourtney:
I hate to contribute to the already over-hyped Kardashian clan, but they are sisters. And this is a blog about sisters. These three sisters definitely have their share of drama. Through the sex tapes, short engagements, even shorter marriages, they stick around and help each other out (and provide us with like, 9 seasons of resulting drama)

Brothers drop spiders down your back. Sisters, they help you get the spiders off….or sit back and laugh at you panic.


Kate and Pippa Middleton
If growing up with the Kardashionan sisters was hard, imagine hearing that your sister is marrying a Prince?! How do you fix that? Wear a fabulous white dress on her wedding day and steal her dress thunder. So yeah, maybe you’re not a princess, but at least your but looks great in your dress!



My own sister’s birthday is coming up in a few days and I want to get her something fabulous to thank her for being so amazing. Here’s what I’m deciding between:

Bath Bombs: So she can take a relaxing bath after I’ve stressed her out after venting about all my problems


“my sister, my friend, through thick and thin”
A beautiful silver necklace because a girl can never have too much jewelry!


Or this is my personal favourite – the bicycle wine rack.  Anyone that knows my sister knows that she loves her wine.  The only problem with this wine rack is that there is only enough room for one bottle. Well at least when she is done one she can burn off those calories by biking home to get the second bottle!


An adorable card where I can write a nice long, heartfelt message to her. Can I make her cry? Challenge accepted!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails