Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Summer: The Official Soundtrack


So you could call me a bit of a music addict. I have this thing where I love to have music playing – I guess it makes me feel like I’m in my own little movie where the music always seems to perfectly fit and enhance the mood of every situation the character gets themselves into. Relaxing music while sitting under a tree reading, upbeat summery hits while chilling on the beach with friends, dance music while getting ready for ladies night out, and the list goes on. For fun here’s a little sample of my beach playlist I busted out just the other day when we got a bit of sunny weather and I caught up on my tanning/beach reading:

(Okay...so maybe the beach didn't look quite like this...My beach playlist might be awesome, 
but it won't magically change Lake Ontario into this)


My 2012 Beach Mix:
Queen of California – John Mayer
Payphone – Maroon 5
Living in the Moment – Jason Mraz
Six Weeks – Of Monsters and Men
She Moves in Her Own Way – The Kooks
Helena Beat – Foster the People
Moth’s Wings – Passion Pit
Young Blood – The Naked and Famous
Starships – Nicki Minaj
Call me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
Drive By – Train
Wild Ones – Flo Rida
Give Me Love– Ed Sheeran
Swimming Pool – The Submarines
Tounge Tied – Grouplove
Coast of Carolina – Telekinisis
She Got the Honey – Mat Kearney

But as much as I enjoy listening to my music alone, the best part of music is sharing it with friends. For example, my best friend has the best music taste so I always love when she brings out her iPod because I know I’m about to discover new stuff to add to my playlist later. Recently I was out with a bunch of my best friends in a park and we were talking about this great song we’d heard on the radio (Moth’s Wings by Sweet Thing if you’re curious). Of course, we all wanted to hear it, but my friend only had it on her iPod nano. Now, if you have an iPod nano, you’ll know that the external speaker is almost non-existent. My iPhone speaker is quiet enough, but the nano is even worse! So the five of us are huddled around her tiny iPod nano trying to hear this song. Eventually we start rooting through our purses to construct our own makeshift speaker/sound enhancer. So we macgyvered this cone made out of a piece of paper from one of our notebooks, and put the nano inside the cone so the music would echo out a bit, and therefore sound slightly (and I stress slightly) louder. 


I think everyone else in that park probably thought we were a little crazy (though that may have been related to us singing the song loudly, and probably badly). Note to self: start carrying around a mini speaker. I’ve tried the paper cone trick way too many times now, and it always ends up looking a little ridiculous, and barely working.

Of course, just a few days later I happened upon the coolest (and cutest) little gadget that would have been way helpful while I was at that park with my friends. It’s this little boombox that works by vibrating off any object you stick it to. 
For example, I tried it the other day while picnicking at the beach with friends and I stuck it to my beach bag and the sound quality was great! The quality can get even better depend on what you stick it to, and so far I’ve had some fun discovering what objects help my music blast super loud and clear. 

Glass tables, purses, walls, and apparently (or so I’ve heard) pizza boxes work perfectly! I got one in pink (surprise, surprise…) and love how light it is (especially compared to a lot of speakers I’ve previously tried) so I can just stick it into my purse, because you never know when you might want a little music! I’m also 100% adding this to my travel packing list in case my hotel room doesn’t have a speaker system.

What is your favorite song right now? Do you have different playlists organized for different events/places? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails