Thursday, March 22, 2012

Feeling & Looking Good in your Own Skin


Well this has certainly been a lovely week, with unexpectedly gorgeous weather! (if this wasn’t the case where you live….I’m so very sorry for your circumstances) But for me, I got to break out my  skirts and shorts way earlier then expected! Love that I can wear my sexy heels again and pack the boots away for another season!


image from Pinterest



The surprise weather meant that I never even had the chance to start doing a few extra squats and lunges to get my legs back in summer shape. And while the weather might say it’s summer, my skin is still suffering from the winter blahs. All these changes in temperature are giving my skin a complex!

I hate when you’ve picked out the perfect outfit, you’ve got fabulous accessories, you’ve styled your hair with a few fun curls, and you should be looking and feeling  amazing!  

What is that saying?  Oh right… “You should feel great in your own skin.”  But sometimes, I think my skin and I just aren’t on the same wavelength. Nothing can ruin a great outfit better than dry skin. You’re probably nodding right now, and that’s because we’ve all pretty much experienced this at one point or another. And when I start to get frustrated with my skin, I swear it knows, and it starts getting worse just to make me even angrier!. Dry elbows, knees, and lips are my skin’s specialty, and these things always seem to come up the day before an important event or a hot date. It is especially gross when your skin is so dry that is starts to bleed.  I try to cover it up with a cool fun band aide (like the leopard print one) so people won’t see how gross it is but really I don’t want it to happen in the first place.

So this week I’ve been testing some new products to make sure they live up to their claims, and what do you know, I think I may have just found the perfect weapon against my ever-annoying dry skin problem. This line of products is so great because they:

a) Support local beekeepers (yay for equitable labour practices!),
b) Are filled with all natural ingredients (yay for things that don’t sound like some freaky science experiment!),
c) Work (and isn’t that the most important thing?)

The first product I tried was the lip balm, because even if the weather gets colder again (fingers crossed this doesn’t happen) and I have to force my legs back into jeans, my lips will still be on display. I love all the organic ingredients, and how I really feel like it’s going to stay on my lips and actually work.


My favorite product has got to be the Rescue Putty. Seriously, this stuff is like magic in a jar. I really wish I had discovered this so long ago. I use is mostly on my knees and elbows, but you can pretty much use it on any extra-stubborn part of your body. You’ll be rocking softer skin sooner than you can say “hot shorts!”

There’s also various kinds of lotions, treatment sticks, and bars for any of your other skin needs. Take a look here to find your skin solution and start feeling confident in your own skin – the skin your fabulous self deserves.





Have a great weekend and I hope you get outside to enjoy some of the fabulous weather!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails