Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Wonderful World of Fall TV

Now that we’re into October, its time to look at how our favorite fall tv shows are doing. First, I need to start with the biggest television show in Canada right now, The Big Bang Theory. It regularly gets 3 to 4 million viewers in a country with only 33 million people in it! Now that’s impressive! I’ve been a fan of Big Bang Theory since the beginning of season two, and I have to say it just keeps getting better! If you’re not familiar with the show, you should be. It’s a comedy about 4 nerdy science geniuses and a blonde waitress/actress. As I’m sure you can guess, hilarity enues. I fall on the floor laughing at least once an episode. This season has gone above and beyond my expectations and I would highly recommend it. And a Canadian band sings the theme song! That wins them extra points with me!


Last years big success Glee has been a bit of a disappointment this fall. I’ve always been a huge musical fan, and throw a little Jane Lynch humor in and you’ve got me sold. But it seems that this fall the show is just lacking that special quirk it had last year. Even the Brittany Spears tribute episode didn’t compare to their Madonna episode. I have yet to feel the raw emotion I felt when Kurt’s father defended his son against Finn’s homophobic remarks. And I haven’t laughed as hard as I did at typical Brittany quotes like "When I pulled my hamstring I went to a misogynist" or "I'm pretty sure my cat's been reading my diary." How are you other Gleeks out there feeling about this season?

Grey’s Anatomy, a perennial favorite of mine has also been a little lackluster. I miss the days of McDreamy, McSteamy, and McVet. Season 1,2, and 3 are definitely the most memorable for me. There's a part deep down inside me that keeps wishing McVet would make a reappearance. He was a total cutie. I feel like recently they’ve just been dragging out something that maybe should quit while it’s ahead. Don’t get me wrong, the shocking season finale was amazing…but where do you go from there? Anyone agree with me? Disagree?

One show I have yet to watch, but am considering getting into is Mad Men. Are there any Mad Men fans out there? What do you think? Should I watch it? 

If you’ve been keeping up with any amazing shows, please comment down below and let me know. I may have some openings in my weekly tv schedule with all the disappointments this season. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails