Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bachelor Finale Gossip Sesh.


Every year, a day comes when women everywhere gather around their tv screens, gorge themselves on chocolate ice cream and cosmos, and emit a chorus of ‘awwww’s that rival even the cutest baby shower. Yes, ladies. Its Bachelor finale time!

This season was a particularly interesting one, with past Bachelor Bram Womack back again for a second shot at love. While at first, I was wary about him, I have to admit by the finale he had totally grown on me and I was 100% team Brad. Speaking about teams, I had been a proud member of team Emily since day one. Sure, she could be a little boring sometimes, but at least she didn’t punch herself in the face, break out into jealous crying fits, or sport vampire fangs. I thought it was entirely hilarious how Brad went right back to acting like a crushing teenage boy every time she was around. It was probably the most adorable thing and was reminiscent of Allie when she was around Roberto last Bachelorette season. Poor Chantel never had a chance.

As a big admirer of all types of bling, I found myself drooling at the gorgeous Neil Lane diamond ring Brad picked out for Emily. I think if I ever tried to swim wearing that thing, I’d sink like a rock! It was absolutely stunning with all the sparkling diamonds around the band. If I ever hit oil, find a treasure chest, or win the lottery some day, I may have to get myself one of those rings!

I have a slightly embarrassing confession to make. I totally almost cried when Brad proposed to Emily. It was perhaps one of the sweetest moments I’ve seen in any Bachelor season. Sure, I felt bad for Chantel after seeing her so surprised and upset over her breakup with Brad. But who could argue against the fact that Brad and Emily were an adorable match (at least the way they were portrayed in the show itself). I found myself joining the chorus of “awwww”s when Brad was explaining how he would protect Emily and her daughter. So of course, I was so excited to watch the After the Final Rose show and see them still completely in love. Little did I know….

The After the Rose show burst my little deluded reality show bubble. Of course they still weren’t the perfect couple I’d seen on the finale. Brad was as adorable as usual. He does not function very smoothly in awkward situations at all, and it’s quite endearing. I can’t help but chuckle when he starts pulling at the neck of his tightly buttoned shirt. Emily had clearly picked up on the fact that the editing of the show made her appear extremely poised (good), but also a bit boring (not so good). But, I personally found her to be much more likeable on the show than during the final rose special. Maybe its because I was still digesting the fact that they weren’t the perfectly in love couple I saw on the finale. She seemed to be more unhappy with the relationship than Brad who I think was still in shock that he’d managed to grab a girl like Emily. 

Overall though, definitely an exciting season. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens with Brad and Emily. Do you think they’ll last? Who has been your favorite Bachelor couple so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails